- Name: Micro-Biology Consult Dr. Andreas Hassl
- Legal form: sole trading freelancer
- Company form: Self-Employment Enterprise
- balance sheet: not required
- metropolis: Vienna, Austria
- former branch offices: Gelsenkirchen, Gladbeck
- Ongoing business operation: since 1998
- Sole Owner: Prof. Andreas Hassl, PhD
- Permanent employee: none
- Type of business: knowledge-based services
- Object of the enterprise: University education financing
- Accounting year: 01.01.2019 to 31.12.2019
- VAT No.: VAT exempt acc. to § 6 Abs 1 Z 27 UStG
- Created value: 1.724.000
The conferment of the venia docendi and the commencement of a regular expertizing led to an increase in the number of demands for certificates and microbiological surveys. At the same time the basis of my, now autonomous expertizing, research and development in the field of hygiene related microbiology, diminished in quality and quantity at the University. For the beginning I took into account an autonomous, philanthropic funding of University-based research; an intention I could not manage. Thus, the creation of a juridical correct framework for further self-responsible scientific, educational, and commercial operations became necessary. In 1998 the Micro-Biology Consult Dr. Andreas Hassl, an expert bureau, was consequentially established in Vienna. A classical ktisis, a launching legend, arose. It is true that no rights, but primacy and the right to find a sympathetic ear in specific issues, can be derived from such founding myths.
The Micro-Biology Consult Dr. Andreas Hassl understands and understood itself as an enterprise with scientific tendency and with a non-exclusive earning animus for the purpose of a scientific and individual-educational activity. The bureau is and was completely independent of any persons or companies and it raised the financial resources for its activities from expertizing, investments, speculative assets in kind, and sales of products and expert opinions. Science is determined as any activity, which is directed toward the extension or systematic order of the knowledge material relevant for humans, exclusive with the help of such methods, which allow a falsification of a thesis. Only such methods are regarded as scientific methods by me. Thanks to the external basic funding, the link between the empirical-analytical and the historical-hermeneutical sciences (cit. Jürgen Habermas) is mentioned as the outstanding feature, which to establish the office tries pertinaciously. I believe that the scientific methods are also applicable in many, perhaps all, historical-hermeneutical sciences, as long as the underlying axioms of the science are not dogmas. The bureau processes problems of basic and of applied research, of education and administration of justice. The distinct branches were and are found in the creation of expert opinions and scientific attests about:
- The (micro-)biological evaluation of archaeological biofacts and their archeoparasitological characterisations,
- the applied development of microbiological detection techniques,
- the establishment of culture and breeding techniques,
- the Hygiene-related Microbiology and Zoology,
- the Infectious Disease Ecology,
- the Conservation Medicine & Microbiology, and
- the debate and the interpretation of questions of law in connection with nature-, species- and animal protection and the generation of relevant transfer literature.
- the realization of training classes in Hygiene-related Microbiology and Infectious Disease Ecology, and
- the production of microbiologically controlled feed, feeding stuff, and microscopic slides
were fields of the bureau´s business activity.
There were or are scientific and extra-professional cooperations with
- Priv.-Doz. Dr. Alice Kaltenberger,
- Dr. Ronald Risy, now municipal archaeology St. Pölten,
- the Diocesan Museum St. Pölten,
- the Austrian Archeologic Institute,
- the Natural History Museum Vienna,
- the Austrian Herpetological Society,
- the late VetLABOR Gelsenkirchen GmbH & Co KG,
- the University of Vienna,
- the Medical University of Vienna,
- the Veterinary University of Vienna, and
- the University of Applied Sciences Gelsenkirchen.
Milestones in the history of the Micro-Biology Consult Dr. Andreas Hassl prove to be:
- The workshop 3rd BIOMED Workshop "Toxoplasma gondii-Research in Europe" held in the Hotel Sacher in Vienna on May 6th and 7th, 1994. Although this workshop was conducted prior to the establishment of the Micro-Biology Consult Dr. Andreas Hassl, it is awarded to the office. The reason for this is the complete financial and organizational independence of the project - with the exception of the EU funding granted.
- The disposal of my registered shares of the in 1997 co-founded VetLabor Gelsenkirchen GmbH & CoKG in the summer of 2004.
- The achievement of the requirements of a formation of a stock corporation (Me-PLC) at the end of the year 2004. Since then the Micro-Biology Consult Dr. Andreas Hassl is managed as a virtual stock corporation.
- The most successful of all business years, the year 2007, in which a value of 64.795 was worked out.
- Nevertheless, as the Micro-Biology Consult Dr. Andreas Hassl was not designed as a market place, the turnover of goods ailed all along. So the bureau terminated its ongoing business operation in goods turnover with the 16th anniversary on February 28th, 2013.